This was a relatively quick and fun project. The hat is made with cream wool and lined with wool. The trim is a bit of fox fur that I got from Pennsic.
The pattern was the hardest part to figure out, because the first two mock ups were a little small. The final project is still a bit snug, but doable, mostly because it fit the fur exactly and I didn't want to cut up a new one for a single inch of trim.
My embroidery (clearly not my forte) was done in a single ply of Icelandic wool that was left over from the mill. The single ply presented problems because it wanted to keep untwisting, but it (mostly) did the job.