Monday, December 10, 2007

1500 Italian gowns







These two gowns were two of the first I ever made. Both were inspired by Italian renaissance gowns in the early 1500, but as they were made when I was first starting to do costuming, I can't vouch for the authenticity. Both used Simplicity Patterns.










This gown was styled loosely after several portraits, one of which was "Studies of a Woman and a Youth" by Vittore Carpaccio, around 1500, shown on the right. My sister modeled this gown for the photo and wears it occasionally to renaissance faires.









This gown was the first that I ever made and I can't say that it actually has a specific time period. Maybe a mishmash of early 1500 Italian styles. The top of the gown and the sleeves are trimmed in gold braid
Also being modeled by my sister.


No comments: