Saturday, February 26, 2011

Blue and Black Elizabethan

In an effort to get things updated, I'm trying to work through the backlog of garb that was made but never photographed, things that got taken off the sewing table and worn out the door but somehow never made it into pictures or write ups.  Now I'm tracking down people and making them come back for pictures.  This is one of those outfits, and Jake was nice enough to come over on a day off to pose for me.

Jake's Elizabethan is a really early project, probably somewhere around 2006-2007.  At the time, it seemed pretty fancy.  Now I'll probably have to file it under upper-middle class.  I guess that goes to show how far I've come. 

The doublet is made out of blue dupioni and trimmed with a faux leather trim.  I think that's a nice way of saying pleather.  It was definitely pleather.  And probably the most chemically and synthetic thing I've ever put on garb.  It worked out in the end, but it made me itch like mad.
The pants are made out of black silk dupioni and both pants and doublet are buttoned with silver buttons.  The pattern was Margo Anderson's Men's Elizabethan.  

The sword cloak was made out of green wool and is a half circle cloak.  It's trimmed in black cotton bias. 

No comments: