Saturday, February 26, 2011

Blue Comfort Gown

My mom's Elizabethan comfort gown. After many years of scrambling to find a dress that would work for her to wear to the Faire, I finally got the bright idea of just making her one of her own. She doesn't like to wear things with boning or a ton of layered pieces to tromp around the faire all day, so I made her a comfort gown. The over dress is one piece and buttons up the front, she also has a loose shirt and a dark blue drawstring skirt underneath.  I wanted something simple, loose (since the PA ren faire can get pretty hot or very cold, depending on what month you go) and most importantly, something that could be donned easily in a parking lot.  People who dress for faires understand why.  This fit the bill. 



Unfortunately, this is the only picture I have of this outfit.  I'm hoping to get better and more detailed ones someday. 

No comments: