Tuesday, March 29, 2011

14th Century Gold and Green



The gold gown was made using a Rocking Horse Farm pattern that was taken in and altered for Karen. It fits without lacing and the sleeves are buttoned down the back of the arm. The green gown was made using draping and laces up the front. There are some things about these gowns that I want to change, and as we're looking at making two new 14th century kirtles this summer, hopefully I'll have a chance to correct past mistakes.







Again, the biggest issue here is that my sister has a distressing tendency to drop a dress size (or three) about fifteen minutes after I finish a gown for her. So these don't fit as nicely as I'd like them to. They'll work, but I think for the next set I'd like to try the patterns from Reconstructing History.




No comments: