So this morning, when I went up to my sewing room and there was sunlight pouring through the windows for the first time in what feels like weeks, I totally switched plans. Something light, linen and airy. And I have my first finished piece for the competition.
The drawers are made out of linen that I got on sale at http://www.fabric-store.com/. It's very very lightweight pretty sheer, so these are definitely not something I'll be modeling for the final photos!
I closed the waistband with a ribbon tie rather than a button due to weight changes from physical therapy. I will probably end up closing the front opening with a few hidden hook and eyes.
One layer done!