Friday, June 13, 2014

Getting started

The 2014 IRCC started on June 1 and I realized that I can't update my entry because I haven't even posted about it.

Here's a link to the competition and the rules:
2014 Italian Renaissance Costuming Challenge

I'm planning on a late 15th century Florentine gown.  My additional challenge is that because we're building a roman house trailer for Pennsic this summer, my husband asked me to please please please keep the challenge piece as cheap as possible.  So I'm trying to make do with what's in my stash.  We'll see how that goes.



I found some red and gold brocade, some white brocade and some rose red velvet.  Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot of the white or the velvet, so I'm hoping to piece together my gamurra and have it look like there's very ornate trim, rather than crazy quilt.  Fingers crossed.  The red and gold will become the overgown, whether it gets sleeves or not will remain to be seen.

Layer 1:  Chemise
Layer 2:  Gamurra
Layer 3:  Cioppa
Layer 4:  Hairpiece, knitted stockings (are stockings underwear or accessories?  have to ask), maybe shoes, maybe a fan or a flea fur.


1 comment:

Aurora Lucia Marinella said...

Ooo! Pretty! And ya for getting started!